Project management is not an easy task to do. Rather it is a hard nut to crack. One needs to be highly smart and potential enough to handle the different arising complications and multilayered matters. There is no specific or proper definition of successful project management. However, a project could be said successful when the project’s objectives, scope, schedule, budget, efficient resource use, quality, value, and outcomes can be delivered within stipulated time and budget. There must be the right environment with a positive attitude. If you are confused about how to manage the intense responsibilities coming forth, do read the article till the end.
To make the concept clearer to the reader, let’s learn about the 10 Steps For Successful Project Management Tips :
- Be sure about the promises and tasks included: Make sure that you could deliver all the promises being. Whatever has been told or demonstrated by you in order to acquire a project should be followed. Being a project manager, you must possess excellent leadership, communication, and organizational skills throughout the whole process. Meanwhile, you also need to upskill in certain factors and make certain possible endeavors to improve your limitations. To perform all the tasks accurately,, the project manager must also be strong and presentable to boost optimism into the team.
- Proceed forward in a planned and organized way: To achieve the purpose and target of the project, you should prepare a prior plan presentation. It could be saved in the form of a paper file or an Excel sheet or anything else. However, always keep in mind that your project presentation should include all the essential strategies, priorities, merits and expected demerits.
- Be flexible and witty: During project execution and implementation, one needs to be witty and flexible enough to adjust with all the upcoming challenges and obstructions. “Change is the law of nature.” Thus, as a project manager, one must adapt itself and respond promptly with the advanced methodologies.
- Remain up-to-date: Being a smart project manager, you must encourage the sense of urgency to meet the deadlines within the estimated budget and available (or arranged) resources. Put special effort in organizing productive meetings, regular check-ins, and follow-ups. Your working procedure must be fast and competitive to stand robustly in the industry.
- Try to keep management minimal: A worthy project manager mainly focuses on bringing the successful outcomes. They believe in showing the results, instead of talking and cajoling. They know that this result can be only be fetched with the coordination and performance of the team members under the right management of the project manager. Thus, the engaged team must be qualitative, instead of being quantitative. Having too many members of the team doesn’t always bring the productive consequences. Rather, the qualified ones could help much. This helps to keep the management minimal.
- Extract feedback and try to provide the necessary feedforward – One of the elementary step, which is basically ignored by many experts, is the recording the feedbacks and trying to provide the effective feedforward. Ignoring feedback and feedforward can destroy your project. Ask for honest and straightforward opinions. This will help you to understand your mistakes and take the right steps further.
- Be actively communicable: It is not possible for an individual to present everyone at the same time. However, technology has made it possible somewhere, not physically but virtually. As a project manager, you could use different modes of communication such as video chats, voice calls, emails, conference calls, social media apps, messaging, and so on. This will help in the easy and successful running of the project. It can easily clear various issues between you, your team and your clients.
- Proceed step by step in a logical manner: Break the project in parts and work step by step. This will help you in managing your project smoothly and achieve the goals easily. Also, approach in a logical manner and encourage approvals, advice, and feedbacks in order to stay on track.
- Apply “Triple Constraint Triangle Theory”- In today’s competitive working atmosphere, a project is bound by three elements. This entire working procedure is maintained in a theoretical form which is called “Triple Constraint Triangle Theory” or the Iron Theory in project management. The theory can be represented as follows :
- Scope, time, budget
- Scope, schedule, cost
- Good, fast, cheap
As a project manager, you must balance these three variables and use them in a proper way to yield better results.
- Stay equipped and choose the right resources: For successful project management, the involvement of resources in the right way plays a crucial role. These resources can be present in the form of human or software. There is much software available in the market that will help you in proceeding with your work. Apart from this, applying a good system also helps in planning jobs, controlling budgets, managing other resources tracking progress, adopting changes and many more. However, every tools and resource have gaps and overlaps. The failure and success of the project do not depend on the engaged tools and resources. Rather, it is the way you use and applies them becomes the major factor behind your success.
In addition to this, your in-house designers and freelancers also stand as the efficient pillars for the project execution. All you need to do is to imply special efforts to maximize their potential. In this way, they will perform effectively for your project management in an economic and managed way.
When considering a project, there are many big and small factors that needs can strive better, beautiful and successful results. The actual thing that matters is the way you use them. Also, keep in mind that success cannot come all of a sudden. There are a lot of struggles and experiences(being negative or positive) that awaits you in your path. Being a project manager or a member of the project team, you have to be bold, smart and smooth in dealing with any kind of criticism or circumstances.